Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Thursday 19 March 2009

Apple Delight

Posted by Cheng Jie

What do you get when you combine...

Eggs

Some white powder...

...of course I mean flour =__=" What kind of white powder could I be talking about =P


And apples

...And together with some of this and that... you get...

Well a huge mess really o.o, but if you bake them together, you'll get an extremely delicious pastry. What is it? Well I'll get to that part later.


So one evening I noticed this long cardboard box on the dining table.

Hmm... wonder what's that

I wasn't sure what it was till I got closer. When I did, I instantly recognized what it was.


This my friend, is a Corica Pastry box. Within it holds perhaps the most amazing pastry that I have ever tasted!


Well anything with that sign on it must mean that whatever's in it is pretty damn important!

And what was inside it sure damn was. Inside this holds the best apple strudel I have ever tasted, I kid you not.


Upon opening it, the strudel that's so perfect and golden-brown in all its glory, it was as if the apple strudel was radiating a beautiful golden glow T.T

If you've never tasted apple strudel, don't worry. I'll try and fill you in on the exact details of what the best apple strudel tastes like.


Just by looking at it, you can tell how rich it is. Corica is indeed generous with their apple chunks and the cream isn't an exception either.


As you bite into the strudel, the sweetness to it is just perfect. The layers upon layers upon MORE layers of thin, oh so very thin, sugary crispy crust gives the strudel a texture that is to die for.


Oh and don't get me started on the cream filling. It is that simply heavenly cream filling that seals the deal for Corica Apple Strudels. It has just the most amazing taste to it, that can't be associated to anything else on Earth. The buttery smell and taste that hits you as you take a mouthful of the strudel, the sweetness of the caramelized apple chunks that balances so well with the cream, eating it is like going to heaven!



For those of you who doesn't know what Corica is, its a bakery found in Australia that is famous for their pastries, one of which is their apple strudel which I am proud to say, have had the privilege to gratefully devour.

Whats that? How did I get an Australian apple strudel, which clearly isn't sold in Brunei?

Here's your delivery...

How else but with FEDEX. Thus the power of FedEx...
.
...
.....
........
..............
.........................




=__=" Ofcourse I'm kidding that a FedEx guy delivered it to me. What really happened is that, a friend of my mum's came back from Australia and bought one back for us. Usually whenever a family friend goes off to Australia, we ask them to get us one of Corica's famous apple strudels.

This was my, if memory serves me right, third time eating the apple strudel and I can tell you that it's still the most delicious apple strudel ever.

So if you happen to be in Australia...

You dont have to get me one of those "tourist-y" souvenirs...


All you need to get me, to get onto my "white list" (racial joke not intended here) is...

Die Die Must Try!!!

One of Corica's famous Apple Strudels!!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want some of those! :) now, i need to find a way to australia.

Anonymous said...

DANGGG.. i almost called fedex already. =(. those look awesome-ly good man. *Thinks* "goodbye diet.. hello diabetes =DDDD". HAHA nice work man, cheers (y)

Unknown said...

haha! jarrod, u just made me hungry, :p

teen said...

wads with the rubiks cube on the table? =P apple pie, yums!

i have so mch variety in KL, but very pricey. for eg, one slice of cheese cake costs rm 6.90.

LOL.

Cheng Jie said...

teen: haha ouch >.< don't worry. study hard and then buy all the apple strudels you want =D