Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
Saturday 21 March 2009

Expanding our horizons...

Posted by Cheng Jie

Here's a new twist to what we're used to listening from artist Shaneel as he expands his range, going over the horizon...


We've heard takes on R&B, love ballads, heck even Chinese songs.

What's in store for us now?

Well Shaneel decided to tackle one very famous love song, which happens to be one of my personal all time favourites.

www.chengjie16.blogspot.com, is proud to present to you, my dear readers, Shaneel's take on Ryan Cabrera's True...

Ryan Cabrera

Now if you've heard True before, you would notice the awesome guitar accompaniment that in my opinion, is what sets this song apart from others.

It is indeed a hard song to learn on guitar (well in my opinion at least as I crashed and burned at attempting it), but that didn't stop our budding artist from trying.

This is Shaneel's first take at recording a purely acoustic song, with nothing but his awesome vocals and the accompaniment of the guitar.

The simplicity of the acoustic set up of the song pulls through so well, that it intensifies the actual grip it has on its listeners. The smooth riffs of the guitar played entirely by Shaneel himself together with the flowing melody of the artisit's voice, they merge together, hand in hand coming together to create yet another amazing song.

If you're listening to the song right now (hosted in this blog's side bar), you would've noticed that it actually is only about a minute and a half long.

Have no worries dear fans, this is but just a prelude to better things yet to come. A full length recording of this song would hopefully b
e released sometime in the near future.

This is true~

So with that, I present to you, Ryan Cabrera's True, performed by Shaneel.


P.S. As our budding artist is expanding his horizons, so would I. I am currently looking for better blog layouts that would allow pictures to be viewed at a larger size. As you would probably already know, I make it a point to always include pictures in all my posts, and to give you nothing but high resolution pictures. So if you have a solution to my problem, drop me a message =D. Help me improve this blog, for the reading pleasure for all you readers out there.

0 comments: